You could be in a position to get that loan in the Universal Credit if you wish to protect a particular expense – this might be known as a ‚budgeting advance’.
You borrow if you get a budgeting advance, you’ll get reduced Universal Credit payments until you’ve paid off the amount. This may usually be over one year.
It is possible to make an application for a budgeting advance to pay for things such as:
- a one-off product – eg replacing a fridge that is broken
- work-related costs – eg purchasing uniform or tools
- unanticipated costs
- repairs to your house
- travel expenses
- maternity expenses
- funeral costs
- going costs or lease deposit
- essential products, like garments
If you have sent applications for Universal Credit but have actuallyn’t had your payment that is first yet you’ll want to get an advance re payment in place of a cost management advance.
Whenever a budgeting can be got by you advance
Unless the money is needed by you for work-related expenses, like train tickets to work interviews, you will need to have claimed any one of these simple advantages for a few months or higher:
- Universal Credit
- means-tested Jobseeker’s Allowance,
- means-tested Employment and Help Allowance
- Earnings Help
- Pension Credit